Sunday, March 13, 2011

Assignment Seven

Vehicle Assignment

This assignment was very tricky, as we had to create a vehicle and character(s) that correspond. (And I normally never draw or design vehicles of any kind.)

My initial idea came rather quickly as I was sketching random cars and one I added wings to. This gave me the idea of using the Greek god, Hermes, in some way as well as giving him a vehicle. However, I needed to look up more on Hermes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes

http://www.greekmedicine.net/mythology/hermes.html

I decided to use the Roman-ized name, Mercury for my character, as the name has less of a "known" characterization, allowing me some flexibility.

Next, I asked myself "What if the Greek gods lived in our time and age with our technology?"
After that I decided Mercury would be best suited with a motorcycle.


Ideation:







Mercury:


Mercury is a busybody who must know what is going on and with whom. He travels between cliques and groups, friendly with anyone to get the latest information on his fellow gods and goddesses. His thirst for knowledge has led him to become the line between groups as a form of communication.

However, Mercury doesn't mind much. He enjoys traveling at high speeds throughout the clouds that shroud Mt. Olympus. He rides a modified motorcycle, affectionately named QuickSilver, that allows him to travel the clouds without fear of falling. Two translucent "wings" attached to the sides of QuickSilver possess the ability of flight. Mercury's love of speed however can have consequence, for if he travels too fast, he'll break through the clouds that hide him from the mortal world below.


QuickSilver:


QuickSilver is Mercury's altered motorcycle. Large golden wings give the motorcycle the ability to fly. It is meant for speed and has a build of a racing motorcycle. The shield at the front is curved in a manner to not disrupt airflow and thus eliminating some wind resistance.



No comments: